background

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!  We have much to be thankful for this year.  Nothing like some vacation and family time to give you a few moments to sit back and recognize all of the things we are blessed to have in our lives.

Today was our first time actually hosting family in our home for a holiday meal.  I was only slightly mortified to do this, but I need to give a shout-out to my rockstar of a sister (in-law) who helped me plan (and do) it all.

This morning, the guys did their part by getting out of the house to go golf (and, later, they flexed their dishwashing muscles).  The girls (me, Lianne, and Susan) did all the prepping and cooking.  Here are the photos from our Thanksgiving adventure.

Prepping the night before.


My ever-so-creative husband decided to work on his application to Benihana (Hibachi grill) when I asked him to slice a few onions.



The family on Thanksgiving Day.


The cozy table is all set!  


The bird...courtesy of Lianne!


Cranberry sauce.  Warning, I did in fact take a picture of every dish.  As my first Thanksgiving in the driver's seat, I wanted my accomplishment on record ;)


Stuffing!


Sweet potato casserole.


Green bean casserole.


Rolls.


Apple pie!  (Also courtesy of Lianne's expertise)


We had so much fun today!  So much so that we're all in turkey-eating comas and everyone has already gone back to respective hotels so the girls can rest up before doing some early shopping tomorrow.  

To our family in Stuart, Ft. Lauderdale, and all who are celebrating in Sylacauga, we MISSED you!  And love you!  

Happy Thanksgiving!!



No comments:

Post a Comment