background

Thursday, December 16, 2010

A little time off...

So last night, to celebrate being DONE with the Fall semester, Aaron and I went to go see Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.  Best. Movie. Ever.  I am blown away by the imagination (that is grounded in Truth) of C.S. Lewis.  But more so blown away by the power of God.


We got there nice and early so that we could get good seats.  It's a shame we ended up having so few choices...hahah
Here we are (still dressed warmly inside because it has been unseasonably FREEZING for the past week)...just before the movie started.
I seriously recommend that you see this movie.  It is so well done and speaks directly to the heart, which so few movies do...in a good way.  The Biblical parallels were a great refresher of the gospel story, which came as a perfect reminder for me during the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.

That was yesterday.  Today, I woke up to breakfast made by my awesome husband.  After that I got movin' on a few errands.  

When I went to the grocery store, I walked in and it looked a little like this:
And when I walked out, the parking lot looked like this:


I kinda freaked out a little because Aaron usually does the snow-driving. But I managed to roll Sydney the Solara through the .1 inch of snow that was already on the ground just fine :)  Now I'm just sittin' at home enjoying the winter weather, which, thankfully, is not expected to exceed 3 inches.  Just enough to make it pretty outside.  I'm also counting down to our trip to Stuart for Christmas! Less than 7 days!

Stay warm, folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment