background

Friday, April 1, 2011

We're moving back to the sunshine state!

I guess this is as good a time as any to share with everyone [officially] that we'll be moving back to Florida in May of this year!

After my graduation (May 15th, but who's counting??  Oh yeah, ME!), Aaron and I are planning to pack up and head back to our home state.  This is the new city we'll call home:

Jacksonville, Florida
While we love it up here in the DC area, it was time to make the big jump back to the sunshine state.  We'll miss a lot about this region!  Particularly...

DC and all the fun stuff it has to offer! 
Spring! (Which, unfortunately, has not arrived yet.)
Free stuff to do on the weekends (like seeing non-lady-like pandas at the zoo).
Being in the beautiful capital city of the USA!
Georgetown Cupcake.  WAHHHH
Our wonderful wonderful (did I put wonderful already?) friends!!! 
Our church home!
Wegman's.  Our beloved grocery store...

Fall colors.
When winter is pretty.
There's so much we'll miss.  I just don't have the space to give a picture shout-out to all of the reasons we're proud to call DC/Northern Virginia home.  There are some things I won't miss much.  This pretty much sums it up:
Snow in March.  And prolonged bouts of cold weather in general.  And digging out my car.  And wearing socks for 5 months straight (not the same ones).  And being pale.  And having a vitamin D deficiency.
Things in Florida that are calling our name:

Sunshine.  And a high of 86.  Yes, please. (Although I'm sure I'll be over the heat by June)
My sistas!  And the BEACH while we're at it. 
My parents!
Aaron's parents!
My favorite brother and sister-in-law!
And our favorite new niece, Kaitlyn Marie!
Annnd the Florida State Seminoles being 2.5 hours away!
We'll update everyone once we figure out the exact whereabouts of our new digs, but for now, just wanted to share the news!  (And while I realize the timing of my post... no, this isn't an April Fools joke...)  Have a happy day!!

3 comments:

  1. Yipee!!! I am so excited for you guys! While i'm disappointed I never got the chance (or had the $$$) to come visit you guys in VA/DC, I am just as excited and hope to one day come visit you in Jacksonville!!! How exciting!! I can't wait to hear more details about the adventures the Lord is leading you two to next! :) Love and miss you both!

    ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously?! I'm going to miss y'all! But you're picking a fantastic state to move [back] to :)

    ReplyDelete