background

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hello, blog-world, nice to see you again!

I call this post: "things I'm excited about now that comps are over and I am able to redirect my energy towards having a zest for life again".

Thing I'm excited about #1: Reading whatever I want.  On this week's reading list I have Pioneer Woman's new love-story novel and mindless magazines on fashion and useless celeb gossip.  I didn't pick up the Clinical Management of Fluency or my Pediatric Language text all week.  It was beautiful.

Thing I'm excited about #2: Completing #1 on a rainy, gloomy day.  I love rainy days.  Especially the kind that afford you time to stay inside and curl up on the couch to read, nap, or daydream.  I miss the frequent thunderstorm-y afternoons in Florida.
The view from my bedroom window today.  
Thing I'm excited about #3: Time spent with great friends.  Now that I have re-acquired my social life, Aaron and I have been able to spend some quality time going out to lunch, having drinks, and just plain hanging with the friends we are so blessed to have.  And they all seem to still like me after being M.I.A. for the past 2 months.

Thing I'm excited about #4:  Completing #3 with friends who are visiting from out of town.  Megan and Joel came to DC from Ann Arbor, Michigan to visit Megan's family, and we got a chance to visit with them, too!  We had a fun lunch date at Uncle Julio's and got to catch up over some good quesadillas and with even better conversation!  Miss you guys but so glad we had a chance to catch up!
My dear friend Megan and moi.  College buddies.  Or most intense female Florida State football fans ever, if wish to be more accurate.
The Boss Family :)
Thing I'm excited about #5: Our sweet new ride!  After a whirlwind of a week - and to make a long story short - Aaron and I made our first new-car purchase together.  It was certainly a fun experience, and I was proud of our combined negotiation skills!  We said good-bye to my lovely 99' Toyota (Sydney the Solara) to make a sweet deal on our new Hyundai (Sadie the Sonata).
Saying adios to my trusty Solara :(
And hola to our new Sonata!
Interior, for those who are curious.
Sadie must still be said using a lateral lisp, of course.  In honor of the late Sydney the Solara.

And lastly but really first and foremost on the list of things that excite us...

#6:  Our new little niece or nephew!! In July, A.J. and Lianne will be welcoming into the world the newest member of our family.  Yahooooo for babies!!! (well, baby.)  We can't wait to meet our little walnut!!

That's all for now...lot's of fun stuff going on and more to come!  It's good to be back!

♥ ♥ 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, BI! Glad you can finally relax and enjoy a little down time :) And congrats on the new car & little walnut!

    ReplyDelete