background

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rain makes corn....

So this isn't anything new that I'm learning about myself or anything but I gotta tell you, I am one compulsive weather-checker.  I should probably just leave my home page as The Weather Channel because I'm pretty much always there.

I think my years of living in South Florida did this to me.  Wild afternoon thunderstorms, hurricane season, getting excited when it was a frigid 70 degrees...  I couldn't take the anticipation.  The 10 day forecast was just a tease of what could possibly be heading our way in the not-too-distant future.

So here I am, excited about this rainy day in the DC-Metro area because it reminds me of home a little.  I am NOT so excited, however, about fording the Potomac River to get to school in an hour or so.

Woohoo!


Disregard the low of 58 degrees.  That doesn't remind me of home...


And then we have the much-adored radar map.  Which forecasts rainy days once in a while up here but never seems to deliver a good torrential downpour.  In which case I'm generally disappointed.  Unless I'm doing something fun outside.  But thanks goes out to Tropical Storm Nicole for making it impossible to miss a good rain today.

Note to self: remember umbrella.

Over & out. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment