background

Monday, May 2, 2011

The first of the lasts

It's a bit of a melancholy Monday morning for me.  My last Monday morning with a to-do list for grad school.  It feels a little bit strange to be thinking about the "lasts" that I've encountered and those that lie in the days ahead.  The last few weeks marked the beginning of a lot of the victorious lasts related to school.  I had my last graduate-school class ever.  Last therapy session at GW ever.  Last track meeting ever.  

And more lasts are to come.  Tomorrow is my last day at my internship at Washington-Lee High School.  My last morning waking up early to make a long commute.  This week I take my last exam and write my last paper.

There are other lasts that aren't so exciting:  Like, our last couples-group meeting with our great friends from Ambassador Bible Church.  Last time hanging out with my girlfriends from GW.  Or our last time eating at Zoe's in Fairfax.  Or my last time having Lin from Bubbles cut my hair.

Okay, so maybe some are not as genuinely saddening as others, but it's crazy to think that in t-minus 12 days I will be graduating with a master's degree.  And that in t-minus 17 days we are packing up and moving back to Florida.  Crazy times ahead for the VA Wilsons.  Wait...do I have to change my URL?  Crap.

...Vote to the right to let us know what you think about the URL name-change!

Pensiveness aside, we're also totally excited about the next several weeks.  Here's what we've got on the agenda (meaning lots of great posts to come):

May 13th thru 16th: GRADUATION Weekend - with lots of family in town!
May 19th: Moving to Florida!
June 4th: Family baby shower in Sylacauga, AL!
June 14th: Heading to Hawaii for a little post-grad/post-move R&R!
June 20th: Back to reality and commencement of operation get a job! :)

Over & Out on this lovely Monday morn.  Hope everyone is off to a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment