background

Monday, May 23, 2011

You can call me Master Wilson!

Okay.  I'm going to attempt to catch everyone up on my whirlwind of a week (more like 2 weeks, but whirlwind of a 2 weeks doesn't sound as catchy).

First up: GRADUATION WEEKEND.  It was several days filled with so much fun, family, friends, and I got a Master's Degree at the end of it all!  Oh, and food.  We had lots of food.

Here are some pictures from the weekend:

Sporting the GW gear that I bought when cleaning out my GWorld account.
With 2 really sweet ladies. 
Okay, so this one has a story.  My mom got me M&Ms as a graduation gift because as a pre-schooler I had to go speech therapy.  I had vocal nodules, largely due to the fact that I was a loud-mouth at an early age.  This caused me to develop nodules and earn the nickname "Raspy Lo".  My speech pathologist gave me M&Ms as reinforcement for using a "good voice".  I told my parents I wanted to be a speech pathologist when I grew up, because who doesn't want to be the awesome lady who shells out free candy all day!?  And 20 years later, whattaya know.

PS- Mom informed me after I ate them all that the M&Ms were supposed to be for my future clients.  Oops.
Morning of graduation day (#1).  Me and my good-lookin' boo.
Dr. Hancock and I...Seminoles unite (we're doing the tomahawk chop for  those of you who haven't had a good dose of ACC football in your life).
Caroline and I had the same shoes!  Why is this important?  It probably isn't, but now you won't have any questions about what shoes I wore with my dress.
Aaron, me, Caroline, & Todd! (And now you won't have any questions about Caroline's dress now that you've seen her shoes.)
My family came to celebrate.  Missed you, lyn!
The other side of my family joined us, too!
Columbian College of Arts and Sciences Graduation time!  Janean giving her rockstar of a speech!! 
Aaron snuck down to get a pic of me among my fellow graduates.


We did Maggiano's (family style) for dinner.  Thumbs up for the dessert.  And everything else we ate.
Annnnnnd more dessert.  
Aaron, Mohammad, Rogaiyah, & moi (celebrating post-ceremony at the same restaurant)!  We're gonna miss these good friends!  (And yes I'm wearing my medal.  You don't talk back to your dad when he tells you to wear your medal.  Especially when he's buying dinner.)
Graduation round 2.  Sunday morning on the National Mall.
It was predicted to rain, but turned out to be a gorgeous day in the capital city!
Hooray!
That's the story of graduation.  More to come re: our move to FLORIDA.

Love,

Laura Wilson, M.A., CF-SLP

1 comment:

  1. Laura, I feel like your mom i'm so proud! You and Shannon both with your speech pathology degrees and working in FL...hold on while I wipe my tear, okay, so I hope your move is as easy on you as a move to Fl in the summertime could possibly go, and I hope your sanity remains intact. Don't forget that eventually the lovebugs come off.

    ReplyDelete