background

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sunny with a high of....102!?!?


What?!?  I thought I moved north.  I did, didn't I?  Because above you'll see DC's forecast...and below...my hometown's...


The outlook for today's weather is OVER 100 DEGREES!  And in true DC/MD/VA-resident form, we will freak out about any unusual weather pattern (remember "snowmaggedon"?)

Last year when folks around here complained of heat and humidity, I laughed in their faces.  During the mid-day the checkout guy at Wegman's asked, "Oh, is it still really hot and humid out there??" ..."No?", I said, confused.  But not today, because you bet your sweet bippy it's HOT!

I mean heat and humidity were my middle name(s) when I lived in Florida.  I guess the difference is that now that it's hot up here...everyone is talking about it.  Floridians stop talking about it around Valentine's Day. 

So fortunately, I am prepared like a good Florida native (or anyone else who doesn't want to sweat it all day long).  A tank top, shorts, flip-flops, a big bottle of water, I'm ready, right?  Wrong!  I forgot my sweater!  Because indoors (everywhere) Washingtonians are SIMULATING WINTER with their air conditioners to (over)compensate for the heat.  So bouncing back and forth between inside and out is the name of the game to maintain normal body temperature.  My routine: cool off/thaw/cool off/thaw...you get the idea.  Fortunately our house is a comfortable 75 degrees, so it's sunny with a high of 75 for Aaron & I. 

Stay cool, today, kids,  its gonna be a scorcher.  But don't forget your sweater ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment