background

Thursday, July 22, 2010

My life is pretty adverage right now

Well, in my quest to become an awesome pediatric diagnostician, I bought a resource book on language sampling from an independent seller on Amazon who described the condition of the book as "like new". Well, a few dog-eared pages, lots of writing, sticky notes, and a detached back cover later, I've got my "like new" book.

I was super annoyed until I saw some of the writing in this book and then it all made sense.  The word "mean" was underlined in pencil in the text of the book. And next to it, the word "adverage" was written. 
 
A few thoughts on this:  1) Anyone who has to remind themselves that mean is another word for average should not be sampling someone else's speech and language; 2) A person who spells the word average "a-d-v-e-r-a-g-e", should REALLY not be sampling someone else's speech and language.
 
That is all from me.  Pretty much anything is is providing comic relief right now.  More exciting things to come...promise!  Just gotta get through these last few days of my FIRST YEAR of graduate school.
 
Cheerio.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully that's why they were selling it...because they didn't make it?

    ReplyDelete